CAFOD is the official Catholic aid agency for England and Wales. In more than 40 countries across the world, we bring hope, compassion and solidarity to poor communities, standing side by side with them to end poverty and injustice. We work with people of all faiths and none.
Our vision is a world transformed to reflect the Kingdom of God: a world where –
* the rights and dignity of every person are respected
* all have access to basic needs in life
* women and men share equally in shaping their societies and our world
* the gifts of creation are nurtured and shared by all for the common good and
* the structures that shape people’s lives are just and enable peace.
We work with more than 500 partners overseas, and with partners in the UK – all working to reduce poverty. Inspired by Scripture and Catholic Social Teaching, and the experiences and hopes of people living in poverty, CAFOD works for a safe, sustainable and peaceful world.
Please click here to visit the CAFOD website.
School visit 22/02/2016
Ruth Flores from CAFOD (Catholic Agency For Overseas Development) visited St Alban’s and talked about her latest project.
Click here for more information.
St. Alban’s brilliant bins project featured on the CAFOD website as part of the Hungry for Change campaign. Please click here to read the article.
Also, please click here to see the related article on the local CAFOD East Anglia blog.
Year of Mercy
Water in Peru
The CAFOD club meet in school each Wednesday lunch time.